Special Notice - if you are under 13 years old
Our website is not aimed at children under 13 years old and we will not collect, use, provide or process in any other form any personal information of children under the age of 13 deliberately.
We therefore also ask you, if you are under 13 years old, please do not to send us your personal information (for example, your name, address and email address). If you are under 13 years old and you nevertheless wish to ask a question or use this website in anyway which requires you to submit your personal information please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
What personal data do we process?
We collect information, including personal data about you, as a WonderBill user and/or visitor to a WonderBill website. This information may be either:
- Information that you provide to us – when creating your WonderBill account profile, we will ask for your name, e-mail address, telephone number (optional) and your contact preferences. Depending on your use of the WonderBill services we will collect and store information contained in your utility bills and other bills that you decide to upload to your WonderBill profile.
- Information that we obtain through your use of WonderBill services - we will collect information about how and where you use WonderBill services as well as aggregated information about you such as your age group or residence. Such information may include electronic device information, IP addresses, the website from which you linked to our website, log information, browser type and preferences, location information (with your consent), online identifiers to enable ‘cookies’ and similar technologies.
What are the legal bases for processing the personal data?
- with your explicit consent; or
- where it is necessary to conclude a transaction with you (such as payment information); or
- where it is necessary for WonderBill to comply with a legal obligation or where the processing activity is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of WonderBill (for example, fraud prevention).
Where the processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of the processing prior to the withdrawal of consent.
Who is responsible for any personal data collected?
WonderBill Limited with registered number 10515447 whose registered office is at Shell Centre, London, England, SE1 7NA, UK, is the controller for the processing of your personal data.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
We collect and use your personal information to better provide you with the required services, or information. We would therefore use your personal information for the purposes of:
- maintaining and promoting contact and relationship with you;
- account management including account verification (that is, ensuring that only you or someone you have authorised can access your account and information);
- customer service and development;
- performance of and analysis of market surveys and marketing strategies;
- promotions and contests;
- detecting or preventing fraud;
Communication and marketing
If you have consented to receive offers from WonderBill , you may receive offers that are tailored towards your personal preferences based on analysing your use of WonderBill services, your purchase history, your participation in promotions, surveys and other digital channels.
You may receive your offers by different communication channels, such as email, SMS, through the WonderBill portal, App (through push notifications), social media or any other digital channels used by you. You may adjust the communication preferences by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org as well as through the use the unsubscribe functionality or communication preferences for the different digital channels, if available.
Even if you have not consented to receive offers we may send you service updates and notifications that are necessary for the proper functioning of the WonderBill services that you use (like notifications that a new utilities bill has been uploaded).
Interaction between you and us
If you communicate with us through social media
We aim to keep our information as accurate as possible. You can access your personal data, request correction or deletion of the personal data (but only where it is no longer required for a legitimate business purpose such as completing a transaction) and request that the processing of the personal data is restricted. Please send your request via email to email@example.com .
If you have any issues, queries or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or for submitting such requests. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory data protection authority. We will provide you with these details and that of the local data protection officer (if applicable) immediately on request by contacting email@example.com
Who will you share my personal data with?
Your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes referred to above and will only be shared on a strict need to know basis with:
- Service providers involved in price comparison services or other authorised service providers involved in WonderBill operations that remain under control of WonderBill;
- with your consent, authorised third party companies in co-operation with WonderBill such as utilities providers;
- A competent public authority, government, regulatory or fiscal agency where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which WonderBill is subject to or as permitted by applicable local law;
- Any person to whom WonderBill proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties
Transfers of personal data
Where your personal data has been transferred to authorised third parties located outside of your country (including outside of the European Economic Area) we take organisational, contractual and legal measures to ensure that your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented to safeguard your personal data. These measures include Binding Corporate Rules, the European Commission approved transfer mechanisms for transfers to third parties in countries which have not been deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection as well as any additional local legal requirements. You can request further information in this respect by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of your personal information
We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. In particular, we may use encryption for some of our services, we apply authentication and verification process for access to WonderBill services and we will update these measures as new technology becomes available.
How long we retain your data
The only exceptions are when your personal data processed as part of a financial transaction or when it is required for the detection or prevention of fraud.
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the EU Directive on privacy in electronic communications.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files.
When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
Cookies remember the type of browser you use and which additional browser software you have installed. They also remember your preferences, such as language and region, which remain as your default settings when you revisit the website. Cookies also allow you to rate pages and fill in comment forms.
Some of the cookies we use are session cookies and only last until you close your browser, others are persistent cookies which are stored on your computer for longer.
How are third party cookies used?
How do I reject and delete cookies?
More queries - How can you contact us?